CED support for businesses and communities affected by COVID-19
CED is monitoring the global challenge represented by COVID-19, as well as its impact on Quebec's businesses, workers and communities.
We understand that this is an exceptional situation and that it is important that our support be tailored to your current reality.
We're here to help
CED has already taken action to help Quebec businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For existing CED clients
If you are a current CED client and are affected by the current situation:
- As of April 1, you will be able to defer your payments for current contribution agreements for three months.
- You may be eligible to receive flexible arrangements.
- Further support will be determined on a case-by-case basis as the situation evolves.
For businesses and organizations that are not CED clients
If you are not a client of CED, but are affected by the current situation:
- CED can help with advice and pathfinding services to other federal programs and services available.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
The Government of Canada has taken immediate, significant and decisive action to assist Canadians and Canadian businesses facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
This plan includes new investments and measures you can benefit from, such as:
- Enhancements to the Work-Sharing program to help support employers and their workers who are experiencing a downturn in business due to COVID-19.
- Waiving the mandatory one-week waiting period for Employment Insurance (EI) sickness benefits.
- Income support for those who are not eligible for EI sickness benefits is also being explored.
Find out more about Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan and how it can help you.
To contact us
Although our offices are physically closed, we remain available and can be reached by phone and email.
If your business or organization is based in Quebec, call us at 1-800-561-0633 or send us an email to find out more about the support available to you.If you are not based in Quebec, find out about the other resources you can turn to for help.
- Date modified: