This component of the Initiative for the development of regional economic infrastructure in Quebec aims to support the construction, modernization or expansion of tourism infrastructure projects likely to improve the attractiveness of regional tourism. A minimum of $10 million will be invested in this component, through the QEDP.
- Municipalities and regional county municipalities (RCMs)
- Municipal corporations
- NPOs that are owners or managers of tourism infrastructure
- Tourism infrastructure businesses
- Band Council, Indigenous administration or authorities, or other Indigenous organizations
Examples of non-eligible clients
- Retail businesses, e.g., clothing stores, grocery stores and automobile maintenance and sales
- Food services, e.g. restaurants, cafés
- Transportation services
- Housing constructione
- Daycare services
- Hair and beauty salons
- Nightclubs, bars, cabarets
If you are among the non-eligible clients, we invite you to consult our network of partners that may be able to help you.
Activities that can be supported
Examples of eligible activities
- New construction, restoration, improvement, including the expansion of a tourism infrastructure accessible to the public.
- Hospitality infrastructure may be eligible on an exceptional basis.
Examples of non-eligible activities
- Subsequent phases of a multi-phase project.
- Studies, plans, etc.
- Projects carried out in municipalities of less than 200,000 inhabitants may be given priority.
- The project must meet the objective of the initiative and the component.
- Only one project per client.
- The project must be completed by March 31, 2023.
- Projects must make it possible to consolidate the existing tourism offer, attract tourists from outside Quebec, increase the length of stay, optimize investments already made or strengthen the drawing power of the region’s tourism products.
- Projects must not have received financial assistance under any other federal assistance program, namely the Canadian Experience Fund (CEF).
- Projects must be:
- a community priority: e.g., demonstrate that the project is a component of a regional strategy or a development plan;
- growth-generating: have a major impact on regional economic development (e.g., a multiplier effect) in terms of spinoffs for the region (e.g., attracting tourists from outside Quebec, attracting investments).
- For projects consisting of several phases:
- CED will fund only one phase of a project that meets the criteria listed above and whose results are not conditional to the completion of other phases of the project.
- Projects that have the support of an RTA (regional tourism association) or an ATS.
- The following criteria can also be considered:
- Projects to consolidate tourism circuits, destinations, etc.
- Projects supporting tourism centres.
- The project must be “shovel-ready” and its financing package must be confirmed.
- Projects that require a lesser percentage of federal funding.
Main analysis criteria
Projects will also be reviewed based on general analysis criteria, including:
- expected results;
- viability of your organization;
- technical and financial management capacity of your organization;
- partner contributions in financial resources or professional services;
- level of risk.
Types of assistance
- Repayable contribution
- Non-repayable contribution for non-profit projects
- Maximum of $3 millions per project
Rate of assistance
- Up to 50% of the project’s authorized costs. Exceptions may be granted depending to the business plan submitted by the proponent and on whether the need is justified.
Submit a project
Consult the Project submission guide to find out how to submit a project and apply for financial assistance.
To find out whether this type of project is targeted in your region, or for any other question related to this initiative, contact an advisor from your Business Office. The advisor will be able to inform and advise you or guide you in delivering your project, while considering the action priorities in your region and the availability of CED funding.
- Date modified: