COVID-19 - Canada Seafood Stabilization Fund
The COVID-19 pandemic is challenging for many sectors in Canada. Fish and seafood processors are key to our economy and national food security. The CSSF provides $62.5 million to support fish and seafood processors.
$9.1 million for Quebec fish and seafood processors
Fish and seafood processors can now get help with COVID-19-related costs incurred starting from March 15, 2020. Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED) is delivering the CSSF to Quebec regions.
CED will implement the CSSF in the province as of June 22, 2020.
Who can apply to the CSSF
- Small and medium-sized fish, seafood and aquaculture processing businesses
- Not-for-profit organizations that support the sector
- Be an SME in Quebec;
- Be a licensed or registered processor of wild capture or aquaculture products;
- Be a viable business before the COVID-19 pandemic; and,
- Have adequate health and safety measures in place to protect employees as set forth in the Quarantine Act.
- Be a not-for-profit organization that supports the fish and seafood processing industry in Quebec.
Eligible activitiesThe CSSF supports the following types of activities:
1) Increase storage capacity – Find storage solutions for live, frozen and/or processed products. Storage may be:
- temporary or permanent
- protect workers
- adapt plant operations, products or packaging
- increase efficiency and productivity
- respond to new consumer needs
- find new markets
- deliver to new markets
How to apply
You are a Quebec business working in fish, seafood and aquaculture processing and packaging, or a Quebec organization supporting this industry, and
–you are a client of CED
Communicate with the advisor assigned to your project in your region’s business office.
– you are not a client of CED
If your business or organization is based in Quebec, call 1-800-561-0633 or send us an email. Our advisors can help guide you.
If you are not in Quebec, contact the Regional Development Agency in your region. They will help you find support that is right for you. You can also visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.