Jobs and Growth Fund – Quebec – Applicant’s Guide
Part of the REGI program and QEDP
The purpose of this guide, which complements the main Jobs and Growth Fund web page, is to provide additional information about the Fund and how to apply.
Description of the Jobs and Growth Fund
The Jobs and Growth Fund (the Fund) has a budget of $700 million nationally over a period of three years, up to March 31, 2024. Of this budget, $140 million has been allocated to Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED) for the implementation of the Fund in Quebec.
The objective of this Fund is to help job-creating businesses and the organizations that support them prepare for the future, increase their resilience and pave the way for growth. Specifically, the Fund aims to:
- facilitate the transition to a green economy
- foster an inclusive recovery
- enhance Canada's competitiveness and help SMEs get ready for the future by adopting digital technologies, specifically to increase productivity and automate manufacturing processes
- support and encourage the relocation of key sectors, and build Canada’s capacity
CED will place a particular emphasis on the analysis and prioritization of projects by businesses and organizations that:
- are part of a green economy perspective
- promote inclusiveness and diversity within businesses, and the development of businesses that are majority-controlled or -led by under-represented groups
- foster job creation in the region
- have a growth-generating impact on regional economic development
The following organizations are not normally eligible under the Fund:
- Retail stores and local services
- Businesses and NPOs with a community, social, sports or educational vocation (e.g. daycare services, sports clubs)
- Nightclubs, bars and cabarets
- Transportation services
- Construction companies
- Business that provide, or are likely to provide, performances, products or services that are sexually explicit or exploit sex
- Sole proprietorships / self-employed workers
NB: Exceptions may be made for Indigenous recipients.
- Compensation for loss of revenue
- The refinancing of an existing debt
- The purchase of goods at a cost that exceeds their fair market value
- Amortization costs
Percentage of eligible costs (assistance rate)
- The maximum contribution rate in the case of repayable contributions for commercial projects is 50% of all eligible costs.
- The maximum contribution rate in the case of non-repayable contributions for non-commercial projects is 90% of all eligible costs.
- The maximum contribution rate for projects carried out by Indigenous proponents is 100% of all eligible costs.
Stacking limit for government funding
The maximum stacking limit for combined government funding (municipal, provincial and federal) is 75% of eligible costs in the case of commercial projects, and 100% of eligible costs in the case of non-commercial projects.
Submitting an application
Application intake will be ongoing until the funding is depleted. The initiative is set to end on March 31, 2024.
For more information, or if you have questions about the application process, please contact CED.
An advisor will answer your questions, check your eligibility and, if applicable, send you the documents that need to be completed for your application; these may include, but are not limited to:
- Application form, which includes:
- Your organization’s legal name and contact information
- Authorized individual(s)
- Information about jobs and diversity
- Declaration concerning the Lobbying Act and legal procedures
- Environmental compliance
- Authorization and undertaking
- Project plan, including:
- A description of your organization and activities
- The description of your project, its costs, its funding and the expected economic benefits
- Your financial statements for the two previous fiscal years and the most recent interim financial statements
- Your projected financial statements for the next two years
- Environmental Characterization Grid
Once all the requested information has been received, a decision will be made in a timely manner, as per our service standards.