This component of the Initiative for the development of regional economic infrastructure in Quebec aims to support equipment acquisition projects to foster the development of applied research and technology transfer to business initiatives. A minimum of $10 million will be invested in this component, through the REGI.
- Technology transfers centres
- Universities and colleges
- Incubators and accelerators
- Other non-profit research organizations
- Band Councils, Indigenous administrations or authorities, or other Indigenous organizations
Examples of non-eligible clients
- Retail businesses, e.g., clothing stores, grocery stores and automobile maintenance and sales
- Food services, e.g. restaurants, cafés
- Transportation services
- Housing construction
- Daycare services
- Hair and beauty salons
- Nightclubs, bars, cabarets
If you are among the non-eligible clients, we invite you to consult our network of partners that may be able to help you.
Activities that can be supported
Examples of eligible activities
- Acquisition of specialized equipment, computer tools and technologies (e.g., projects requiring the establishment of a laboratory and the purchase of equipment).
Examples of non-eligible activities
- Subsequent phases of a multi-phase project.
- Studies, plans, etc.
- The project must meet the objective of the initiative and the component.
- Only one project per client.
- The project must be completed by March 31, 2023.
- The project fosters technology transfer and spin-off businesses – capacity to demonstrate a direct impact on SMEs in terms of production or marketing of products and services (a list of potential clients will need to be submitted).
- For projects consisting of several phases:
- CED will fund only one phase of a project that meets the criteria listed above and whose results are not conditional to the completion of other phases of the project.
- Projects are carried out in partnerships/consortiums (collective projects) with cross-Quebec spinoffs or in several regions of Quebec.
- The project must be “shovel-ready” and its financing package must be confirmed.
- The following criteria can be considered :
- Projects target sectors that are promising for a region's economy, or Quebec's positioning in key areas of technology.
- Projects that require a lesser percentage of federal funding.
Main analysis criteria
Projects will also be reviewed based on general analysis criteria, including:
- expected results;
- viability of your organization;
- technical and financial management capacity of your organization;
- partner contributions in financial resources or professional services;
- level of risk
Types of assistance
- Repayable contribution
- Non-repayable contribution for non-profit projects
- Maximum of $7 million per project
Rate of assistance
- Up to 75% of the project’s authorized costs. Exceptions may be granted depending on the business plan submitted by the proponent and on whether the need is justified.
Submit a project
Consult the Project submission guide to find out how to submit a project and apply for financial assistance.
To find out whether this type of project is targeted in your region, or for any other question related to this initiative, contact an advisor from your Business Office. The advisor will be able to inform and advise you or guide you in delivering your project, while considering the action priorities in your region and the availability of CED funding.
- Date modified: